Stop! Never underestimate the most critical safety feature of your vehicle. The braking system was designed to the unique specifications of your vehicle, and features brake pads and rotors made from precisely engineered metal compounds designed to safely transfer heat and provide superior mechanical strength. This ensures the system’s ability to bring you and two tons of accelerated machinery to a safe and sure stop, time and time again, under both normal and extreme conditions.
The most impressive engineering feature of your vehicle is the brake system. Every aspect of your service, from checking brake pads, fluids and cylinders to changing your brake master cylinder, is performed by CHEKT Automotive Trained Technicians who know the entire brake system.
Brake pads do wear out and require replacement, as the pads press against the rotors to bring your vehicle to a stop. Depending on the type of vehicle you drive the indication alert in your car will tell you when brakes need to be serviced. Some vehicles will turn on the brake light in red or amber others will tell you to visit workshop. At CHEKT Automotive you can be sure the work is performed with only quality parts and resets conducted to your vehicles system. In most cases we can refinish your brake rotors as long as they are with in legal size limits avoiding the need to purchase new rotors.
Symptoms that something is wrong:
- If your car is vibrating or steering wheel shakes when you apply the brakes most common cause is warped rotors.
- If your brake light is on which the most common cause is that the brake pad sensor is detecting that your brake pads are due to change.
- Brake pedal feels soft or goes too far down to brake, get this symptom checked immediately.
- If the car tends to throw itself to the left or right side when you apply the brakes.
- If you notice fluids leaking from the inside of any tire usually these are signs that some component in the brake line connection to the wheel is leaking. Urgent to check.
- In order to get the most out of your brakes, it is vital that your vehicle’s brakes are inspected at CHEKT Automotive, and repaired using top quality parts.
Usually, your brakes will try to warn you when there’s danger. They’ll often squeak or grind, or present a soft feel to the brake pedal. Still, these signs can be difficult to interpret. And, other times, your brakes won’t give you a clear signal. With so much riding on your brakes, doesn’t it make sense to take advantage of CHEKT Automotive free, no-obligation brake inspection? After your free brake inspection, you’ll receive an easy-to-understand, detailed report including an estimated cost of repair. If your brake system is in good shape, you can leave with peace of mind. Should repairs be needed, CHEKT Automotive offers affordable service for all types of brake jobs, including ABS brake repair.
CHEKT Automotive certified technicians provide expert brake service – including ABS brake repair – on all makes and models.
How the brake system works:
Blaise Pascal was a seventeenth-century French mathematician and philosopher who formulated the principle that a change of pressure at one point of a confined fluid is communicated undiminished to all parts of the fluid. In an automobile braking system, the brake lines are filled with just such a ‘confined fluid’. When pressure is applied via the brake pedal from a piston in the master cylinder, pressure is transmitted equally to all four brakes.
According to statistics, about 40% of the defects detected by the PCM correspond to the brakes. It is not enough to bring the car to the shop when something goes wrong. Care should be taken earlier for your security before facing an accident. The braking system is the vehicle’s most important safety item.
Features of quality brake components that ensure outstanding reliability and efficiency include:
- Outstanding deceleration performance to help maintain consistency over the entire operating life of the brakes
- Compatibility to original production components that are optimally configured for electronic systems such as ABS, ASR, and ESP.
- Specific design to transfer heat more quickly and more efficiently, thus minimizing deterioration and wear.
- Continuous improvements based on testing and research.
- A high level of comfort by avoiding squeaking and pedal pulsation.